Tutoring was established by Law no. 341 dated 1990 (Reform of the Italian university educational systems) as an activity designed to "guide and assist students throughout their studies, making them active participants in the educational process and removing obstacles to successful course attendance, also through initiatives tailored to the needs, attitudes and requirements of individuals" (Art. 13).
The School Tutoring provides assistance to students throughout their course of study, especially during the first three years. At the School of Industrial and Information Engineering, this activity involves student-tutors and course professors.
- provide information to students regarding the practical organisation of studies (study plan structure, teaching organisation, etc.) and the support facilities offered by the Politecnico;
- act as the point of reference for Laurea (BSc) or Laurea Magistrale (MSc) students for any problems regarding the teaching of courses or the performance of tests;
- support students who are experiencing difficulties and need to fill in gaps in their basic education, providing clarifications and helping to carry out exercises (they do not explain course content);
- report any problems that emerge to the faculty professors before the end of the courses.
The School offers different tutoring opportunities to its students, with the aim of guaranteeing everyone the support that best suits their needs. The approach includes some peer tutoring services, activated on demand on the basis of student requests and more traditional tutoring services, provided on established schedule.
For undergraduate (BSc) students:
- Peer-to-peer tutoring: More experienced students-tutors provide help, individually or in small groups of 3-4 people, on the basic courses of the first two years of BSc programmes. It is possible to request tutoring both during the semester of course delivery, and at other times of the year by filling the online form: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=K3EXCvNtXUKAjjCd8ope68QdDYakYYZMiYsKjReabU5UN0taQU9LQkZNSVVHRERKWkxVRFEyREFBUi4u
- Basic tutoring: it is possible to attend lectures held by PhD students or by expert teachers for the basic courses of the BSc programmes. These tutoring activities are not related to specific classes: students can access it according to the most favorable schedule. The calendar will be published as soon as available on this page.
Calendari Tutorato di base 2° semestre a.a. 2019-20
For MSc students:
- Equalization tutoring peer-to-peer: the service is dedicated principally to international students. More experienced student-tutors provide help, individually or in small groups of 3-4 people, on the basic courses of the MSc programmes. It is possible to request tutoring both during the semester of course delivery, and at other times of the year by emailing us: email@example.com
Equalization peer-to-peer tutoring Calendar 1° semestre a.a. 2019-20
Per studenti del Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Automation and Control Engineering| Tutor: Andrea Scapinello
Equalization peer-to-peer tutoring Calendar 2° semestre a.a. 2019-20
For particular BSc or MSc courses:
- Specific tutoring: tutorials held by PhD students and expert teachers on some courses selected from the different programmes, based also on student requestes. The schedule will be published as soon as available on this page.
Calendari attività di Tutorato 2° semestre a.a. 2019-20